Monday, August 1, 2011

I am back.

I had another health scare with my Beloved but he is back on track now.

I have several aprons cut that I need to sew. Today however I decided to work on an idea that has been on my mind the last few days.

I read... a lot... and I enjoy fancy book marks. Some books like my Bibles have many places marked. You know certain scriptures just fill a need at any moment. Instead of turning pages to find them when needed I like to just open up to them.

I have a lot of scraps of this and that. I also have a ton of lace, binding and rick rack to find uses for.

So I began with this one fabric scrap in particular and decided I wanted a book mark out of it. I found a cool color to back it with and a lace I felt worked with the very busy pattern and away I went.

I began with this:

A Bit of fabric, some vintage feeling lace and a jean leg. 

Ironed:




Sewed:


And came up with this:





What do you think?

I have decided the jean material for the backing is too thick I think. It was hard to hold still going around the corners... I have 1 more bit of the busy fabric to use up and I have a different type of blue fabric I may try it with... 

Keep on sewin' ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment