Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The need? Chair cushions.



So for a few years we have had these wooden chairs. I love them however we play a lot of games... Like for hours on Saturday afternoon and they get well... HARD! I knew I needed chair cushion and a few months back I stumbled on the perfect fabric for them at a yard sale. Finally I began planning. I wanted them to have a removable cover so they could be washed when needed. I do not do zippers, yet any way. Then DS dropped off a couple of worn out pillows and the wheels began turning... I decided to make them as if I was making a bag and to use the ties that kept them in place as the closure. The end result was tested Saturday and was pronounced much better than the hard wooden seat! Now to stop the cats from undoing the bows on the ties...

The supplies:



The object, make chair cushions with a removable, washable cover. One that was easy peasy to get off and wash.

Cut:





Sew:


Sew:


TADA:




I washed the pillows then I cut the pillows in 1/2 and sewed up the end. 1/2 a pillow was just right for what I needed! It is fun to see things in my home, then look at boughten solutions and realize, hey I can make that! I love that word, boughten. I read it once long ago in a book about some one who had boughten teeth... and have loved it ever since.

So what have you made instead of bought for your home?

Keep Sewin' y'all!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't made anything lately, but the last couple of projects included bedroom curtains and potholders. I ended up giving the potholders away, though.

    I adore that fabric you chose for your pillows ~ it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete