Friday, June 17, 2011

Friday Finish!

Well this week I did not get much sewing done. Today I finally finished this LHOP apron. I loved this material, seriously it is too cute. Though the wobbly lines did not make it easy!

We began with this:


Iron Iron Iron:





Pin Pin Pin:


Sew Sew Sew:


Tada!


 The mistake:
Actually it is not really a mistake. I wanted to be certain the ties and straps were sewn in good and tight. It just showed up badly on this one spot, but is hidden well among the gathers!


Now from prior experience with this style I learned you need a button or something on the straps to hold them up. So I went with a big red button and a sewn loop.

I think the next time I do a LHOP apron I need to find some way to contrast the fabric. One so my eyes don't go buggy again and 2 because I think it would look better.

I have tons of lace and such, it is just deciding what lace is sweet but not too fancy to use on an apron.

3 Aprons done and ready to get final pictures for the Etsy store! I may actually get it open tomorrow!

Keep on Sewin' y'all

1 comment:

  1. That's a very cute apron you've created there, Mel! I wish you all the success you can handle in your new apron endeavors.

    Love and hugs, as always.

    ReplyDelete