Thursday, June 9, 2011

Retro Style Apron



This finish was harder for me. Mainly because I began this one over a year ago and it has been sitting partly sewn in my to make basket since then. Things I thought were ok then, kind of pester me now! LOL

I like this one for its full coverage. It is almost a jumper! One thing I have decided is that any new aprons that have the facing will also have material to cover it. I am just not giddy with the facing.

Here I go again:
Iron the rumpled pieces





Sew some seams



Oops broke the thread! I really dislike those nicks they put on the thread spools. When hand sewing they are ok but when one stops your thread when you are machine sewing everything goes all wonky!

Get the magnifier out for rethreading...
Ok off again sew sew sew




Place the pockets


Pin the bodice

The facing I am not giddy about:



The collar I am not really sure about either

The skirt

Tada! I will get some pics of a person in the aprons this weekend.

Keep on Sewing y'all!

2 comments: